In 2008, EightOneFour LLC was asked to take over the national online presence for Herlocher Foods products… particularly - Herlocher’s Dipping Mustard. Struggling online sales and poor web visibility, lead to the demise of the brands online sales.
Neil Herlocher, President of Herlocher Foods, approached me in effort to boost his web sales. The challenge here was several fold.
- Outdated web standards
- Several Websites (one to the store and one to the website) confusing clients.
- No SEO had been implemented
- The web developer that was working with Herlocher Foods dropped off the face of the earth and the URL was about expire.
Obviously, there were many challenges with this project. After meeting with Neil on a consistent basis, we laid the foundation for how we were going to attack his online sales issues.
We continued with the Yahoo store for a couple of years but masked the url so herlocherfoods.com would resolve to the website, causing less confusion for the potential web sales. We updated the website to XHTML, rebranded the site to be less clunky, implemented a Google Adwords campaign, and we made it easier to find the online store. Reaping the rewards.
Results over the past 7 years:
- Online sales double in the first year. Ranking #1 in Google for keyword “Dipping Mustard”
- After 2 years online sales spiked and increased again.
- In 4 years We gained national attention for the NCAA mustard labels on featuring a spot the NBC Today Show and another record year for sales.
- Closed down the Yahoo Store and updated everything to Shopify
- Purchased DippingMustard.com for SEO rebranding the URL to increase sales
- Launched the new web store and Social Media campaign with the VML group
- Updated shopping cart checkout to take PayPal and different credit cards.
- 2014 Record online sales
Take: Anyone can build a website (html is free), but it takes a great website, a good product, a good web developer/design/development team, a little bit of luck, and dedication to build online sales.
EightOneFour can do this for you.